Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Von Smith reminds Simon of Clay Aiken??

Yes I'm hooked on American Idol. Is it the possibility of success and instant stardom that may come to the contestants if they win? Is it the entertainment value of watching someone hoping beyond hope that their dream will come true? Is it the conversations following each episode singing the praises and short comings of each contestant that is sure to follow? Or is it the power I feel in being able to decide some one else's future?

It might also be the surprises that the show never ceases to provide. I nodded my head in agreement with some of the wild card and finalist choices and picked up my jaw as others were announced. It's better than watching a sporting game. Of the surprises was Simon's comparing Von Smith to Clay Aiken. I saw season 2 and I saw Von Smith. Von had a good performance, but I fail to see the similarity. Is it me? Is this why I watch? To figure out what I must be missing? Ah.. but I must watch tomorrow to find out if indeed Von will be the next Clay Aiken!



9 comments:

  1. Both men are talented, but I'm just not seeing the similarities! They have big voices, but that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mystified,

    Congratulations on your first blog! The montage is very special and proves that Clay Aiken is, too. Thnx for sharing!

    LOL, just think of all you have learned because of one Clay Aiken. *g*

    Caro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Von seems like a sweet kid with a nice voice, but I think Simon is stretching to compare him to Clay. Von can only hope he has any near the success that Clay has achieved, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first blog!!! Congrats! I'm staying miles away from AI and Clay comparisons, especially if Slimon is doing the comparing! Funny how Clay has moved on but Slimon just can't seem to let go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You done good with your first blog. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First blog, congrats. I don't see the comparison, Clay is far better than Von with his range and tone. I think the only reason Slimon even mentions Clay or mentioned Clay is because now it will draw people in to watch the show to see for themselves. JMO another ploy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a GREAT first blog! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete